Reasons to choose Ultimaker CPE
Product designers use CPE to make extremely tough and dimensionally stable functional prototypes.
● Excellent chemical resistance
● Excellent toughness and dimensional stability
● Good interlayer adhesion, especially when using the front enclosure add-on
● Low levels of ultrafine particles (UFPs) and volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
● Ideal for short run manufacturing and functional prototypes
● Transparent option available
Recommended add-on: Ultimaker Advanced 3D Printing Kit
ULTIMAKER CPE FAMILY: CHEMICAL RESISTANT AND TOUGH
Featuring chemical resistance and toughness, the Ultimaker CPE family of filaments is a good choice for functional prototypes and modeling. CPE+ provides the additional benefit of increased temperature and impact resistance. Thanks to Cura's new material profiles, which we’ve developed with care, 3D printing your parts and prototypes is easy and reliable.
CPE (co-polyester) materials are chemical resistant, tough and demonstrate good dimensional stability. It is a preferred choice for both functional prototypes and mechanical parts. While both CPE and CPE+ provide similar performance characteristics, CPE+ provides the added benefit of higher temperature resistance and increased impact strength.